TOWN OF SHERMAN BOARD MEETING
June 13, 2017
The meeting was called to order by Chair Gerald Luke at 6:00 p.m. Chair Gerald Luke stated that all officers were present. Tracy Murrin, Deputy Clerk, would be filling in for Clerk Amy Slone. Chair Luke verified that the agenda was placed in all 4 locations as well as the town website. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: Nancy Osgood asked about the status of a kiosk. Chair Luke stated that he was going to draw up plans. Another resident stated that it didn’t appear that all the meeting minutes were posted on the town website.
3. COMMUNICATIONS/ANNOUNCEMENTS & REPORTS :
CLERK- Tracy stated that she would ensure that all approved minutes are posted on the town website.
Also reminded those in attendance that minutes cannot be posted until approved.
TREASURER: Jerry Murrin presented the monthly financial report for the month of May including the
collection of liquor and operators licenses fees.
CHAIRPERSON: Chair Gerald Luke provided information on Chairs activities and correspondences.
Presented a letter that is to be sent to all residents which explains the current ambulance service.
SUPERVISOR MIKULA: Supervisor Gerry Mikula stated that there were no meetings this month. Eagle
Waste will have a new contract; but it is not finalized by the county yet.
SUPERVISOR KESSLER: Supervisor Gary Kessler informed residents that the issues with beavers are
being addressed. Thompson Creek beaver is taken care of. A few downed trees had to be removed due to recent storms. A patch of reclaimed asphalt was placed on a section of Sandy Beach road. Will continue to monitor to see how effective it is. Stated that it would require 2000 yards at an approximate cost of $6/yard.
FIRE DEPARTMENT: Fire Chief Ron King stated that there was one storm related. Also, one firemans and 2 road crew attended a traffic control safety class. Pike Lake held a water exercise drill. Some pump maintenance is required due to a bad regulator.
FIRST RESPONDERS: No report; not present.
IRON COUNTY SUPERVISOR: No report; not present.
PLAN COMMISSION: No report; not present.
SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER: No report; not present.
4. AUTHORIZE LIGHT ON GARAGE: Discussed either purchasing or going through Price Electric which would require a 3 year contract. Supervisor Mikula made a motion to purchase a vapor light. Supervisor Kessler seconded; motion carried.
5. BID OPENING: One bid was submitted for gravel crushing by James Peterson Son’s Inc. 3 different options were offered and discussed by board. Jerry Murrin provided total amounts and what was available in the budget. Supervisor Mikula made a motion to purchase 8000 yards @ $4.50/yard. Supervisor Kessler seconded; motion carried.
6. REVIEW AND APPROVE LIQUOR LICENSES: Liquor licenses and payment all in order. Supervisor Mikula made a motion to approve all submitted. Supervisor Kessler seconded: motion carried.
7. ROAD ORDINANCE: Chair Luke presented a list of changes and suggestions. Chair Luke made a motion to table pending review and possible workshop. Supervisor Mikula seconded; motion carried.
8. AUTHORIZE BIDDING FOR RECLAIMED BLACKTOP: Board discussed 1.1 miles of Sandy Beach Road that is in need of repair. Project is not in the budget. Supervisor Kessler made a motion to table and schedule a budget meeting to see if funds available before asking for bids. Supervisor Mikula seconded; motion passed with a budget meeting set for June 20th @ 9:00 a.m.
9. APROVE FLOOR REPLACEMENT: Replacement of floor discussed for the recycling shack. Supervisor Mikula made a motion to approve as this will be fairly inexpensive. Supervisor Kessler seconded; Motion carried.
10. APPROVAL OF MINUTES/PAYMENT OF VOUCHERS: Supervisor Mikula approved May minutes; Supervisor Kessler seconded; motion carried. Supervisor Kessler made a motion to approve vouchers; Supervisor Mikula seconded; motion carried.
11. PUBLIC COMMENT: Supervisor Miklua announced that this will be his last meeting as he is resigning due to relocation. Chair presented a letter of appreciation for his service.
A resident had asked about the status of repairs/resurfacing of Flowage Road. Supervisor Kessler to follow up with DNR to check on the $50,000 grant that was mentioned at previous meeting as well as next year. Supervisor Kessler also stated that he is trying to find any other grants/monies that could be applied.
Suggestion made to require new driveways be accessible for fire trucks via ordinance. Supervisor Mikula
advised looking into a Wisconsin Township template.
Chair Luke stated that he will add an agenda item to next weeks meeting on June 20th to include steps in filling the Supervisor position being vacated.
Supervisor Mikula made a motion to adjourn. Supervisor Kessler seconded; motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m. Minutes approved 7/11/17. Tracy Murrin, deputy clerk